Friday, September 4, 2009

Introductory Post - Comp 1: Blog Creation

Hello fellow students. Here we have one more blog to add onto the growing list for the Information Storage and Retrieval class at TWU. Blogs in general are personal places on the web to share information. Whether that information be funny pictures, recipes, reviews, social commentary, a personal diary of sorts or any number of other things, each blog's purpose is to share information with the masses.
I have my own personal blog and follow a significant number of other personal blogs as well as what might be termed 'group blogs' on LiveJournal, another blogging site. This particular blog will be limited to items focused on the ISAR class and other Library Science subjects.
Because I am a first semester student at TWU, I'm not entirely sure what my area of focus will be in the Library Science school. At the moment, I'm aiming to get into an academic library, preferably a religion library. My dream library would be Perkins at SMU in Dallas.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary!

    I too am a first timer here at TWU as a grad student. I want to wish you the best in this semester and those in the future.
    Good luck on the job!

    NeoLibrarian

    ReplyDelete